Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Runners Shoes Are Priceless


   
   


   Okay. So, I purchased my first pair of expensive ($180) running shoes about four months ago give or take from a store called http://upandrunningelpaso.com/. Needless to say, but It was the best investment that I have made towards a better me besides devoting to a running lifestyle. I have always had shin splints and stress fractures since I could remember and thought that maybe these shoes could help ease the pain. I had seen many people run in these ugly shoes and thought why are they running in those heavy looking shoes? Well one day, I asked a lady standing next to me as we waited for the gun to start the race, “how did she like those shoes?” She said, “Oh, I love them”. I said, “they look heavy” and she laughed. She said I know but they are light as a feather. Months past before I went into the recommended store and tried on my first pair. They ran out of the color I wanted but had my size in the next best color. After I tried them on, I was shocked at how light they were. I didn’t want to take them off. It felt like I was walking on air.



     The shoes I am referring to are called HokaOneOne and are all over $100 but worth the cost. I do recommend purchasing them out of the store versus online because you can get help with sizing. Also, this particular shoe has a program that you can exchange them for a lifetime according to the Up and Running store which make this an even better investment. Look don’t take m word for it, you should try some on and see if they work for it.
The reason I decided to write this post is to help you realize that the equipment you use is more useful to your workout than you know. Equipment includes weights, accessories, clothing, and shoes. They type of shoes you purchase can cause injury or prevent injury and it shouldn’t be about the looks and price. According to Fitzgerald (2015), Ultimately, runners should look for two critical characteristics in any pair of shoes:
  1. The shoe feels good on your feet while running (if possible, buy a pair of shoes you know feel good or run a minute or two in them at the shoe store)
  2. The shoe fits – you feel smooth and often “forget” about your shoes because they’re not clunky or overly stressing your feet.

  So, no matter what shoes you choose, focus on fit and how they feel while you’re running. This will mean that you’ll try a lot of different pairs of shoes. Yes, it might be expensive. Yes, it might be time-consuming. But you’ll also figure out exactly what you like and what works best for you.
I am not getting kickback or payments for suggesting you purchase a particular shoe. Instead, I simply want to share a product that has helped me with my injuries. I am not completely cured and suffer from shin splints from time to time but these shoes have helped ease the pain while running long distance runs and I recommend you try them for yourself. If they do not work, try another brand and spare no cost because your wellness is what should matter most. Respond to this post and let me know what you think of this post. Also, if you know of a shoe brand that has helped you or you have other product suggestions, drop a comment.

Reference

Fitzgerald, J. (2015). 3 Reasons thy running shoes can prevent injuries and help you run faster.                 Retrieved from https://www.runningshoesguru.com/2015/04/3-reasons-why-running-    
      shoes-can-prevent-injuries-and-help-you-run-faster/



https://www.hokaoneone.com/life-time/cavu/191142338974.html?source=shoppingsite_PLA_1019282-WBPR-11&kpid=1019282-WBPR-11&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=pla&msclkid=820697c8994612e11120cba539c8a6fc&gclid=CPnTxbn8yuACFaulZQodez4DZw&gclsrc=ds

No comments:

Post a Comment